Everybody writes about their diet...I figured I'd give it a go too! Today I've begun a vegan diet and I'll follow it for a couple of days. Fruit, vegetables, rice and some lentils are all I'll eat today along with copious amounts of water and herbal tea. On Thursday chicken and wild game can be added in small amounts - a soup will probably be in order. No processed foods, sugar, dairy, coffee or alcohol.
This may not seem like a large step to some people, but I live with a carnivore. My husband eats meat with practically every meal and has a beer every night. There's always a big block of cheese calling my name and pasta in the cupboard. Peer pressure is hard to avoid.
So, why in the world am I doing this? I want to feel better! For the past couple of years I've been having stomach issues and developing food allergies. Perhaps if I cut out the bad, heavy food I love to eat for a while and slowly introduce small amounts back into my diet I'll feel better. And, yes, I'd like to lose a few pounds. Nothing wrong with that! We're planning a hike through Glacier this summer and I'd love to carry about 10 pounds less.
Today has gone well so far. Maybe writing about it will help me stay focused. Don't worry, I've got plenty of other stories to share that have nothing to do with food.
Monday, March 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment